The Church holds regular services on both Sundays and Wednesdays, across holy events such as Easter, and is also a key part of the annual Remembrance Sunday event, which continues at the memorial outside the Village Hall. There is a Church Fayre held in the Church grounds each year on the first Saturday of July
The Doomsday Survey of 1086 records: ‘In Tatewic… a Church is there and three acres of meadow’. This early 11th-century building of rubble red sandstone forms the nave of the present Church. The chancel, of limestone, and the porch were added in the 14th century, while the Perpendicular tower with its eight crocketed pinnacles was built in the late 15th century.
Plaster was removed from the medieval chancel arch to expose the stone in 1969.
There are no north windows in the chancel because a chantry chapel dedicated to the Blessed Virgin originally stood on this side. The piscina behind the choir stalls may be from this chapel. The east window of well-proportioned 14th-century intersecting tracery lights had undistinguished mid-19th-century glass. The modern stained glass in the southeast window is by Sep Waugh of York, and three pieces of medieval glass hang in front of the next one. In the case behind the 17th-century altar rails is the Todwick Byble 1639.